Thursday, December 2, 2010

Welcome

This is a new blog for me but not the first one I have had two others one on homeschoolblogger but when we sent the children to school I didn't feel that I should continue blogging there, I also have a blog on xanga but felt that it was time for a new platform and the first joint blog with my husband. So that brings us to blogger, and our new blog named What's One More.

That is how we ended up with our 6 children Pat-19 in college, Sarah -17 in high school, Conner 14, and Nolan 12 in middle school and Kathryn 10, and Aidan -4 in elementary. The youngest would get older and I would ask Don " What's one More ?", his answer wasn't always the one I wanted to hear but most of the time we added just one more.

That has also applied to pets we are the owners of 2 dogs, 2 cats, 3 hermit crabs, 8 fish ( I think they wouldn't stay still to be counted), all who have joined our family by one or more children asking what is one more ( insert dog, cat, fish, other small animal). We have also had many other small animals over the years that are no longer with us, we have sadly gotten quite good at pet burials.

The idea of What's One More also applies to friends, there has been many a time when a extra plate has been added to dinner, another sleeping bag added to a bedroom floor, or another friend picked up for church.

This blog is going to be about our daily life here, how do we manage it all, feed them all, stay on the budget ( as much as I dislike What's One More applies more to bills then income ), and not go crazy. Both my husband and I will be writing entries, so please stop by and visit us here on the web.

If you would like to know a bit more about us, check out our xanga blog as I work on adding more here to blogger over the weekend. www.xanga.com/midge8

1 comment:

  1. Hello! Nice to see you still blogging. Please feel free to join my blog also - I go between this one and xanga! ~Denise (fourkidsonemom or 4kids1mom)

    ReplyDelete