1) Take a college class - thinking this will be a spring semester goal
2) Walk one mile per day on purpose for 26 connective days. - Was thinking of doing this in September but with the pain my knee is giving me I may need to postpone this one, but I think I will at least still try.
3) Menu plan every two weeks- I have learned that if I sit down and menu plan I am more likely to actually feed the family.
4) Paint a picture- I am not a creative type person as far as painting is but it is something I want to try this year so once again I see you tube videos in my future.
5)Complete at least 75 percent of weekly to do list- I like lists and each Sunday spend some time making them but they don't always get done. This year I wanted a goal to help me focus on completing more of the weekly to do list.
6) Do a 5k walk- This is going to be late Fall or Early spring
7) Monthly organizing project- See below
8) Make Dinner 5 out of 7 days a week.- Friday's my 12 year old makes pizza and Sunday's is leftovers.
9) Family Game time at least 1x a week- I am going to aim that every Friday we play a game since we have no outside commitments usually that day. I will also aim to try to play a game with Aidan on Sunday afternoons.
10) Family dinner at the table with no devices at least 3x a week- We are a busy family and as much as I would like to eat together at the table every night as we did when the kids were younger that is just not happening. But I think we should be able to do it 3x a week if I write it on the family calendar, and most importantly no devices.
11) Take one picture every day and write about it. This is one goal that I think I will enjoy the most, and hope to print out at the end of year into a photo book.
Break down of the Monthly Organizing Goal so far
September- My side of the Garage
November- The back of the garage
December- Under the stairs, the Christmas stuff
January- Filing cabinets
February- All the bookshelves in the house
April- August still to be decided.
And finally a wrap up of last years goals-
1. Read one non-fiction book per month :
I tried but I guess my real love is fiction and cookbooks.
2. Monthly date with the husband :
With him working shift work, and me also working monthly dates didn't always happen this year. But I think we have done well in making time for us when we can, lately we have been binge watching Friends at night. We also have a just the two of us dinner out planned for later this month.
It hasn't happened every week but we have some new favorites like Code Words and after a visit with a friend Labyrinth.
4. Try a new recipe each week - We ate a lot of old favorites this summer.
Oh my how the summer garden grew, well at least the tomatoes. Have been giving away tomatoes for at least a month. The cucumbers never set, and only a few zucchini. The greens did well and the rabbit has been very well fed this summer on kale, lettuce and more.
Have a new plan for this year
7. Loose some weight-
Yep didn't happen, so changed this goal up for next year.
8. Learn a new skill -
I made soap, this year and it was fun. I look forward to making some more this winter and really sometimes you just need to step outside your comfort zone and try something new.
Bit by Bit
10. A Financial goal-
I think I met my goal this year.