Monday, August 6, 2018

Goals 2018- 2019

Being a mom of many for many years and currently working for a school I have often thought of the start of the school year as a time of new beginnings. New clothes, supplies, routines, menus, and more. So it's the perfect time for some new goals.

Ten Goals for the 2018-2019 school year

1. Read one non-fiction book per month :

 I have found that most of my reading is fiction which I really enjoy. It's time to add some non fiction to the repertoire , the first time period I am looking to read more about is the War of 1812. A trip to Canada and the state of Maine might have pointed out a lack of knowledge in this time period, could not remember even what it was about. That was a bit eye opening for someone who at one time studied history.

2. Monthly date with the husband

With being down to one child at home and both of us working going out has been moved down the list as we can often find time to be together at home and often to tired to go out. But I do think since the one child at home can be trusted to watch himself, I keep telling myself it's ok to do things with my husband and leave him home alone. So making a monthly date with the husband a priority, thinking of some restaurants, movies, and museums that the twelve year old isn't interested in.

3. Weekly Game Night : 

Our lives are once again changing we will only have one child living at home full time, the last time that happened was 25 years ago. Was trying to think of something to do each week as a family a very small family, so game night it is hoping that with only one child there shouldn't be to many tears. Many years ago tried this with six at home, it quickly turned into a movie night instead.

4. Try a new recipe each week

looking forward to trying something new each week.

5. Fall Garden-

this summer we were on the road often and it was very hot and dry so not much of a summer garden to talk about, so aiming for a Fall garden and a plan for a better garden next year.

6. De-clutter- 

We moved cross country just over three years ago and the clutter has already grown back, so I am making it a mission to get rid of 1,000 items in the next year.

7. Loose some weight

It wouldn't be a list of goals with out at least one healthy living goal.

8. Learn a new skill

This has been on past goal lists but this year I will learn to make soap.

9. Reduce trash

Increase our recycling, reusing, and composting.

10. A Financial goal-

 I am not going to share to much on this publicly but I do have a saving goal.

No comments:

Post a Comment