Sunday, August 18, 2019

New Goals for a New School Year

It's the time of the year that I start to think about new goals for the year.

1) Take a college class - thinking this will be a spring semester goal

2) Walk one mile per day on purpose for 26 connective days. - Was thinking of doing this in September but with the pain my knee is giving me I may need to postpone this one, but I think I will at least still try.

3) Menu plan every two weeks- I have learned that if I sit down and menu plan I am more likely to actually feed the family.

4) Paint a picture- I am not a creative type person as far as painting is but it is something I want to try this year so once again I see you tube videos in my future.

5)Complete at least 75 percent of weekly to do list- I like lists and each Sunday spend some time making them but they don't always get done. This year I wanted a goal to help me focus on completing more of the weekly to do list.

6) Do a 5k walk- This is going to be late Fall or Early spring

7) Monthly organizing project- See below

8) Make Dinner 5 out of 7 days a week.- Friday's my 12 year old makes pizza and Sunday's is leftovers.

9) Family Game time at least 1x a week- I am going to aim that every Friday we play a game since we have no outside commitments usually that day. I will also aim to try to play a game with Aidan on Sunday afternoons.

10) Family dinner at the table with no devices at least 3x a week- We are a busy family and as much as I would like to eat together at the table every night as we did when the kids were younger that is just not happening. But I think we should be able to do it 3x a week if I write it on the family calendar, and most importantly no devices.

11) Take one picture every day and write about it. This is one goal that I think I will enjoy the most, and hope to print out at the end of year into a photo book.

Break down of the Monthly Organizing Goal so far

September- My side of the Garage
October-  Yard
November- The back of the garage
December- Under the stairs, the Christmas stuff
January- Filing cabinets
February- All the bookshelves in the house
March- Closets
April- August still to be decided.

And finally a wrap up of last years goals-

1. Read one non-fiction book per month :

I tried but I guess my real love is fiction and cookbooks.

2. Monthly date with the husband : 

With him working shift work, and me also working monthly dates didn't always happen this year. But I think we have done well in making time for us when we can, lately we have been binge watching Friends at night. We also have a just the two of us dinner out planned for later this month.


3. Weekly Game Night : 

It hasn't happened every week but we have some new favorites like Code Words and after a visit with a friend Labyrinth.



 
4. Try a new recipe each week - We ate a lot of old favorites this summer.



5. Fall-Spring Garden-
Oh my how the summer garden grew, well at least the tomatoes. Have been giving away tomatoes for at least a month. The cucumbers never set, and only a few zucchini. The greens did well and the rabbit has been very well fed this summer on kale, lettuce and more.


6. De-clutter- 

Have a new plan for this year

7. Loose some weight- 

Yep didn't happen, so changed this goal up for next year.

8. Learn a new skill - 

I made soap, this year and it was fun. I look forward to making some more this winter and really sometimes you just need to step outside your comfort zone and try something new.



9. Reduce trash- 

Bit by Bit

10. A Financial goal-

I think I met my goal this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment