Sunday, January 27, 2019

Garden 2019

It's January it's cold out and it's looking like it's going to get colder this week so no better time to think about gardening. Last year the garden did not go well at all since I was traveling most of the summer and the kids at home didn't water what I had planted. I was able to get a bed of hostas started and I will see what happens with them when they come up again this year. It has been an adjustment to change from gardening in NY to Gardening in Kansas but this year I have put more time into learning and planning for the differences. I also an still battling the poison ivy but getting better at identifying it in all the seasons.

Kansas Garden 2017



I have plans for tomatoes, cucumbers, peppers, summer squash, basil, oregano, lettuce, broccoli, cabbage and adding a watermelon, pumpkin patch area. I also will be updating the garden beds and adding another one, just haven't told the husband yet about that project.


Kansas Garden 2017

This week I will be starting cabbage and broccoli in the house, and if it warms up this upcoming weekend spending some time on clean up jobs and finding a weed killer to keep the grass out of the stone walk.

 


New York Garden, where the summers are wet and cooler



No comments:

Post a Comment