Sunday, January 6, 2019

Goal Update:

Good thing that I didn't make blogging more a goal, but I have been working on things bit by bit some more then others. 

First of all starting in January I added a  new goal which should make my other goals more reachable and that is no Facebook until 2:30 in the afternoon.


Ten Goals for the 2018-2019 school year

1. Read one non-fiction book per month :

Only managed one non fiction book so far this year and plenty of fiction. Wondering if I could make cook books count as non fiction. I did read A Fine Romance, Falling in Love with the English Countryside by Susan Branch and really enjoyed it. As it is a trip I would love to do someday with my husband.

2. Monthly date with the husband : 


We  usually have been going to breakfast and we might have brought the 12 year old along on our dinner out for our 25 year anniversary.




But we did do a overnight train trip to St Louis just the two of us and it was a lot of fun. To watch the Buffalo Sabres Play. 




3. Weekly Game Night : 

This has been hit and miss but we have been trying, often its a two person game but now that the brothers are home on break we have been trying some other games.

4. Try a new recipe each week - 

This hasn't been really happening but I have added to the goal and will be trying a a recipe from each cook book I take out from the library. This past week we had Fried chicken tacos 


5. Fall Garden-

This was a bust so on to the spring garden


6. De-clutter- 

Working on this bit by bit

7. Loose some weight- 

It wouldn't be a list of goals with out at least one healthy living goal. 

8. Learn a new skill - 

This has been on past goal lists but this year I will learn to make soap. Still working on it.

9. Reduce trash- 

Increase our recycling, reusing, and composting. Doing much better and working on taking our own bags to the store.

10. A Financial goal-

 I am not going to share to much on this publicly but I do have a saving goal which is going well.

No comments:

Post a Comment