Sunday, February 24, 2019

Trying New Recipies

One of my goals this year was to try new recipes, but this goal wasn't going well until I modified it. I now take one or two cookbooks out of the library each week and I have to make at least one recipe out of each book. 

Since I started doing this I have been trying new things, and it has been fun. I just needed to find a way to follow though with trying new things.

I have made a different style of pizza from Cook it in Cast Iron Cookbook, Fried Chicken Taco's from a Pioneer Women Cookbook, Key Lime Squares and Chocolate Chip Muffins from Baking with Friends.

This Week I made French Onion Soup from the Dinner in an Instant cookbook, both I and my husband enjoyed it. I used my electric pressure cooker to make it and while it did involve a few steps so, not a walk away and forget it recipe it still was a weeknight recipe. I was able to make a homemade bowl of French Onion soup in 30 min, instead of an hour or more. 



I also made Slow cooker Honey Garlic Chicken from Dinner Made Easy with Six Sisters Stuff , this was a little sweeter then I liked but still very good and will make it again just with a little less brown sugar and honey. I served it with white rice and while that was okay I think adding a bag of peas and carrots to the rice will make it even better. In fact since this recipe made enough for 6, was able to freeze some for a quick weeknight meal.

Looking forward to this weeks cookbooks, and I challenge you to take out a cookbook from the library and try something new. While it is fun to find recipes on line there is something about paging though a cookbook.









 

No comments:

Post a Comment