Sunday, February 24, 2019

Goal Update 2/24

Ten Goals for the 2018-2019 school year


1. Read one non-fiction book per month :

Not happening unless you want to count cookbooks.

2. Monthly date with the husband 


Nothing this week.

3. Weekly Game Night : 

Well chess didn't happen, but we did play some two person board games, and we are looking forward to spring break when the college kids come home. We have an adventure planned to a restaurant that also has board games.

4. Try a new recipe each week 

This Week I made French Onion Soup from the Dinner in an Instant cookbook, both I and my husband enjoyed it. I used my electric pressure cooker to make it and while it did involve a few steps so, not a walk away and forget it recipe it still was a weeknight recipe. I was able to make a homemade bowl of French Onion soup in 30 min, instead of an hour or more. 



I also made Slow cooker Honey Garlic Chicken from Dinner Made Easy with Six Sisters Stuff , this was a little sweeter then I liked but still very good and will make it again just with a little less brown sugar and honey. I served it with white rice and while that was okay I think adding a bag of peas and carrots to the rice will make it even better. In fact since this recipe made enough for 6, was able to freeze some for a quick weeknight meal.



5. Fall Garden- Spring Garden

The peppers and tomatoes haven't yet sprouted, and it was cold and snowy this week so no outside work. So the garden work this week was just dreaming of warmer weather.

6. De-clutter- 

This week I went though the youngest child's room and filled a bag with clothes that no longer fit, and put away some stuff the college daughter had brought home over winter break. I plan on working on the college son's clothing that they have left behind.
7. Loose some weight

It wouldn't be a list of goals with out at least one healthy living goal. 

8. Learn a new skill - 

Well I have looked and looked for a class locally and haven't found one. But I did find a you-tuber that has an on-line class and offers a kit on her website that has everything that you need to make 11 bars of soap. Thinking of ordering that kit and taking the plunge of making soap. I have read plenty of books on soap making, but when it comes to new skills a live person or you tube seems to work best for me.

9. Reduce trash

Bit by Bit

10. A Financial goal-

 I am not going to share to much on this publicly but I do have a saving goal.

No comments:

Post a Comment