Sunday, March 3, 2019

Goal Update 3/3

1. Read one non-fiction book per month :

Not happening unless you want to count cookbooks.

2. Monthly date with the husband 


Nothing this week.


3. Weekly Game Night : 

Speed games of Guess Who this week, he had watched some you tube videos on how to play this game even faster so almost every night this week it has been a few games of Guess Who. Which is great as it doesn't require a lot of brain power when my brain is done for the day and it gives us time to talk about his school day.

4. Try a new recipe each week 
This week it was Shepherds  pie from The New Kansas Cookbook by Frank and Jayni Carey, well really Cottage Pie. Since we don't eat lamb, mine was made with ground beef. It is a meal I have made many times before but it is always fun to try a different recipe. I will take this cookbook out again in the summer since it has a lot of recipes that are seasonal for Kansas.




I also made a dessert from  One Pan and Done by Molly Gilbert,  Confetti Pavlova, pavlova being a type of dessert that I have heard about on British and Australian Cooking shows. It was a recipe that did tie up my oven for most of the day but otherwise was easy to make, the picky eater even liked it which is saying a lot . I will make it again this summer when the family is around and fresh berries are at the farmers market. In the above picture I only had whipped cream and berries on the half we were going to eat that night, the rest we ate over a few days. 





5. Fall Garden- Spring Garden

Everything I have planted has sprouted,but otherwise that is all that has gotten done due to unseasonable cold and snow. I have also been spending to much time on Pinterest pinning more garden ideas, so it better warm up soon so that I can stop thinking of new ideas and just get the ones I have implemented.

6. De-clutter- 

Still waiting on warmer weather to get to work on the garage.

7. Loose some weight

Will make it to the gym this week at least once, and if it gets above freezing will take the puppy on a long walk. 

8. Learn a new skill - 

I watched a few more you tube video's and have placed an order for the items to make some soap in the coming weeks. 

9. Reduce trash

Bit by Bit

10. A Financial goal-

Getting there dollar by dollar

No comments:

Post a Comment