Tuesday, January 11, 2022

Chicken Egg Rolls and Pizza Logs

 So last week we made chicken egg rolls and pizza logs, we make these about every 4 to 5 months. My husband is the best at rolling the egg rolls and I handle the pizza logs. 

Due to the amount of work and the mess when we make them we do it in bulk, I think this time we did 75 egg rolls and 96 pizza logs.

                                              

These are the wrappers that we use and they can be found in the freezer section of most Asian stores. If you can't find these the egg roll wrappers that you can find in the produce section of most major stores will also work, they will just look different and be a bit thicker.

For the pizza logs, you will need string cheese cut in half the long way, pepperoni, and spring roll wrappers. You could also use any veggies you would add to a pizza. If you don't have string cheese you can use shredded mozzarella but I find that the string cheese works better.

The pizza logs are easy, one piece of cheese, 6 pepperoni on a spring wrapper and roll. Seal with a egg wash and then fry. I like to cook all of them before I freeze that way I only need to make a mess with frying oil once, but you can freeze them un- fried To reheat from frozen you can use the oven, air fryer, or even microwave. 




Serve with pizza sauce on the side for dipping them in.



For the Chicken egg rolls, you will need ground chicken I used 2 pounds this time, 2 heads of cabbage sliced thin, a one pound of baby carrots chopped up in the mini food processor. I also like to season the mix with ginger and some oyster flavored sauce. Insead of cabbage and carrots you can use coleslaw mix.

Fry up the ground chicken in a bit of olive oil, remove from the pan. Add the cabbage and carrots and cook them down add the ginger and oyster sauce. Mix the cabbage mix with the chicken and let the mix cool. This time we lucked out as it was a very cold winter day so we set the mix outside to cool.



When you go to wrap them use about 2 TB of mix on a spring roll wrapper and seal with egg wash. And then fry. Same as the pizza logs you can re heat in the oven, air fryer, or microwave. 


He is the best at rolling the egg rolls.


I am in charge of the frying and this time I only burned myself once. 




No comments:

Post a Comment