Monday, January 10, 2022

Menu Planning 2022 Week !

 So the plan for the first week of the year was :

Saturday- Chicken Soup

Sunday- Hamburgers-  Aidan cooks

Monday- Turkey Club sandwiches w/ leftover soup

Tuesday- Pizza- Conner cooks

Wednesday- Taco- Nolan Cooks

Thursday- Chicken w/ Chicken Rice

Friday- Snack Dinner

Saturday- Potato Soup

What we ended up having:

Saturday- Chicken Soup w/ bread from Wheatfields bakery



Sunday- The best Aidan made hamburgers, with fresh veggies

Monday- BLT sandwiches w/leftover soup. What happened was when I went to use the turkey it was moldy which was a disappointment as I had bought it only 2 days before and it was with in dates. I had gotten it at Sam's, never have had an issue before with lunch meat from there, but since it's on the other side of town I was not going out of my way to return it. I did take pictures and the next time I am there I will stop by the customer service desk.



Tuesday- Conner and Shadow came to make dinner like they do every Tuesday but instead of the usal pizza. Shadow made her chicken and rice fajitas which the boys who live here had been asking for, many happy people that day at dinner. This is also the day that my phone met a unfortunate incident with water, and while the phone still works my camera  not so much. 



Wednesday- We did have tacos, but I made them and I have been told that only Nolan should be making Taco dinner nights. I guess I might have seasoned the meat a bit to much. 

Thursday- Chicken w/ Chicken Rice - Well this meal turned into Chicken and Biscuits w/ mashed potatoes and corn/ broccoli and there was a bit of a incident with my pressure cooker and the stove top.

 Yes I melted the bottom and the house smelled like melted plastic on the coldest day of the winter so far.I had moved the pressure cooker to the back of the stove, so that I could use the front burner to make the gravy and I must have bumped the dials and turned on the unit at the back. Good news is the pressure cooker is usable, and I was able to scrape all the melted plastic off the stove top.

Friday- Snack Dinner- Well we went to see Wicked the play and decided that we would get dinner in downtown KC. We ended up eating at brgrkitchen , I had the mac and cheese and the Cobb salad both delicious. The guys had the Juicy Lucy,  Portabellas Mushroom Burger and the New Burger all with fries. Aidan actually ordered something other than chicken strips for dinner out but then they didn't have chicken stips on the menu 😃




Saturday- We wrapped up the week  with Potato soup, and cheesy bread along with ice cream sundaes for desert as it was family game night. 

Time to go plan the menus for the coming week.

How did your dinners go this week ? 

No comments:

Post a Comment