Sunday, January 27, 2019

Goal Up date

Ten Goals for the 2018-2019 school year

1. Read one non-fiction book per month :

Yep not doing so well on this, but I have one checked out from the library and time set aside this weekend to try to read it.

2. Monthly date with the husband : 


No new dates this month, since the husband happens to a Federal Employee so no extra spending for the next while.  But have on the list a at home date night like we used to do when we were first dating, chicken nuggets, french fry's, onion rings and a movie at the time usually Uncle Buck or Teen Age Mutant Teenagers on VHS. Will set the at home kid up with his own tv show in a different room, so it will be a date and not a family movie night.


3. Weekly Game Night : 

The youngest is loving a new game his sister bought him for Christmas, Fortnight Monopoly. With the brothers back at college we are back to two person game time. 

4. Try a new recipe each week - 

Planning on cooking from cookbooks that I take out of the library is working really well, we tried a pizza recipe from Cook it in Cast Iron Cookbook by Cook's Country and we really liked it. There are a few more recipes in there I would like to try before returning it to the library.


5. Fall Garden- Spring Garden

This week we ordered our grow lights and got them hooked up, and I have placed my seed order at Rareseeds. I also spent some time making a list of planting times and reading up on Gardening in Kansas at the K- State College Website. I will have a garden this year that will grow. 

6. De-clutter- 

Working on this bit by bit, we have friends that have a fundraiser that collects soft goods like clothing, shoes, etc and pays them by weight. My goal is by Sat to have at least 5 bags for them to pick up.  

7. Loose some weight- 

It wouldn't be a list of goals with out at least one healthy living goal. 

8. Learn a new skill - 

This has been on past goal lists but this year I will learn to make soap. Still working on it.

9. Reduce trash- 

Increase our recycling, reusing, and composting. Doing much better and working on taking our own bags to the store. 

10. A Financial goal-

 I am not going to share to much on this publicly but I do have a saving goal which is on hold for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment