Sunday, January 20, 2013

Chinese chicken

Well our kids only like one kind of Chinese food, and that would be sweet and sour chicken. This is not a real healthy meal, but it is a special treat that the kids and dh really enjoy. Since it is real expensive to order out all the time and we live in the middle of no where, I have learned to make it on my own. Here is the recipe for the batter :

1cup all-purpose flour
2tablespoons cornstarch
1 1/2teaspoons baking powder
2eggs
1/2teaspoon vegetable oil
1teaspoon sugar



And just enough water to make a smooth batter, I double this recipe for about 2 pounds of boneless chicken.


The first step is to cut up the chicken into bite size cubes






Then add the chicken and coat




Then fry, this picture is from awhile ago, today when I made it I used my fryer.

Then serve to the hungry hoards aka the family.

I serve this meal with fried rice, veggie tray, and sweet and sour sauce. 









No comments:

Post a Comment