Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Eating Out of the Pantry

This month we are eating most of our meals out of the freezer and pantry, for two reasons to use up what we have to make room for the big re-stock shopping in Jan/Feb and to allow the extra food budget funds to be spent on Christmas.

So in order to do this I had to inventory the freezer and pantry to see what we have in the way of food and how was I going to turn what is there into meals, breakfast, lunch and dinner. I did get the freezer done and made a list of meals, tomorrow I am going through the upstairs pantry as I try to find fun ways to use up all the odds and ends hiding in there. I did do one small for me shopping trip already and it should be all that is needed for food for December except for milk, bread, eggs, a turkey ( Don's request for Christmas dinner )and some Christmas treats.

So the goal this month is to only spend 300 dollars on food and have 200 that I can use for Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment