Wednesday, January 5, 2011

The Home Keeper's Journal - 1/ 5



In my Winter Kitchen…
Candles are burning, soup is simmering, bread is baking.

The hardest part about Winter for my household is ….

Staying warm, and not being able to park in the driveway.

My favorite Winter time meal is….
Beef Barley soup with fresh bread, and hot tea.

I Do/Do Not (choose one) tend to be depressed in the Winter…..
I tend to be depressed in the winter, just because it is cold and cloudy weather. Opening the curtains on the days when is sunny helps, and looking at garden catalogs  helps.

A favorite Winter time activity my family enjoys is ….

A fire in the fireplace, blankets on the couch, and a family movie to watch.

To help my home look and feel inviting in the Winter….

Keeping it extra clean, dusting, candles, blankets, Christmas Lights.

How I dress to stay warm ……
Long underwear, slippers ( if my feet are warm then I am warm), sweaters, and layers.

One really important health rule for the Winter time I’d like to share ….
Washing hands after being out, cover it don't share it, and sneeze into your elbow not your hands.  Also if you are not able to be outside in the sun, don't forget to take your vitamin D.

This post is also linked at Christian Homekeeper

1 comment: