Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Meatloaf- recipie

Meatloaf is a staple in the winter menu around here, until the time for burgers on the grill comes around. Here is the recipe that is a combo of my husbands meatloaf and my need stay within the budget.

4 cups TVP- hydrate with 8 cups of hot water ( I am able to buy this very cheaply at our local bulk food store)

5lbs ground beef
6 eggs
4 cups bread crumbs
1 cup finely chopped carrots
1 cup finely chopped onion

This the basic start of the recipe, then depending on my mood is what is added. This time it was basil, parsley, salt, pepper, steak sauce and some mustard. Other times we add diced tomato, barbecue sauce, ketchup, and other spice options.

Then I form the loaf on foil, flash freeze and bag in zip lock bags. This makes 4 really large meat loafs that feeds our family of 8 with leftovers.

To cook place frozen meatloaf on wire rack in pan ( I don't like my meatloaf sitting in grease), and bake at 400 degree for about 60 min until it is done.

No comments:

Post a Comment