Monday, January 10, 2011

Where to have a Pantry

I had another blog over at xanga, and I am bringing over some of my older posts from there to share here.

Some thoughts on pantries, the nuts and bolts you could say

First the definition of a pantry is :

 1.a room or closet in which food, groceries, and other provisions, or silverware, dishes, etc., are kept.
And my definition, is a pantry is not necessary the place, but the food stored. A take off of the saying the church is not the building but the people.
So based on the first definition a pantry is a storage area for food, so lets talk about were to have your pantry.
1. A closet, I have taken a coat closet that was never used as more then a dumping ground and had ds build some shelves in there. I have also in the past stored the sheets in the bedrooms and the towels in the bathroom in order to use a hallway linen closet as a pantry.
2. The good old shelves in the basement, not very pretty but it works. For this you just need a not damp basement, and some shelves
3. The kitchen, I find that for my size family and pantry needs I still need a second location.
4. Just about any other place you can think about that doesn't get to hot or freezing cold. We have used a wall in the laundry room, you could use some shelves in a bedroom and cover the fronts with fabric, a attached garage, just about any spot.

No comments:

Post a Comment