Thursday, June 23, 2011

Cooking with Nolan

I really wasn't looking to start working with the kids on cooking skills until we got home and I had all my kitchen toys to work with. But Nolan was watching the Food Channel last night and at 9pm decided he needed to get into the kitchen and start cooking.

Well he started by beating eggs and placing them in a cup with torn up pieces of cheese as this dish was to make a ham and cheese omelet in the morning for dad. Then he diced up a onion with a bit of help as the knife he was using was to small and yes that is a spoon in his mouth.





Some where, at some time, some one told him that if you suck on a metal spoon you will not tear up when you cut onions. Didn't have the heart to tell him that those onions were tear free and cold. Then it was the green pepper and he did ok on that.


When I went back into the kitchen to look, he had cleaned up his mess and had a plate out with a fork and napkin, and in the frying pan he had the cheese, ham, onion, pepper, pan spray, and flipper all laid to cook for dad . He wanted to be woken up at 5am but that wasn't happening, instead dad cooked it himself and called a few hours later when we were awake to tell us that the omelet was great.

 And to my surprise when I went to download the photo's for this blog he had taken a picture of the finished product he knows me so well.


I think cooking with kids should be alot of fun this summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment