Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Living with less



Being away from home with access to a minimum of our stuff, I have realized that we can live without alot of that stuff. If I still feel this way at the end of the month, then I have a large summer/ fall project ahead. I also did like the beige walls, but that only lasted for a day or two, but I do see maybe a bathroom being painted white.

I have 1/2 of my summer wardrobe here with me and it is working fine, I would like to have brought 1 or 2 more skirts and I don't have my gardening/ bleach cleaning day clothes with me. But other then that alot of what is in my closet for summer can go.

 The same for the kids, Kathryn has enough clothes at home that we can have a full bushel of clean clothes downstairs, a closet of clean stuff, and a bushel of dirty clothes all on the same day. She really only needs 7 bottoms and 10 tops.

 The older boys have closets full of clothes that they will not wear ( not their style, doesn't fit right), and my mission when I get home is to make them go through it all and get rid of what they don't wear. I have realized that they only need 2 sets of pj's, only 5 pair of shorts, and 7ish t-shirts and 3 Polo's.

I really need to make a list of what is needed and go through their clothes only keeping out what is on the list, boxes up a few extras in case of stains and the rest passing on.

Same with toys, I think that most of them are getting boxed up for the rest of the summer, and come winter doing a toy closet system for Kathryn and Aidan.

Books, that one is a bit harder for me to think about, but I can go through the little kid books keeping the classics and the picture books we do read.

Is doing this going to be easy for me, no way I am after all my mother's daughter and come from a long line of savers, but I can live with less, and I have more time to do other things.

So this month I will be making a plan to get it done, and in July start working on that plan.

No comments:

Post a Comment